“Le Ciminiere” exhibition center

The exhibition center “ Le Ciminiere” is a multifunctional complex built from the recovery of parts from abandoned buildings, which used to be part of a large sulphur refinery that refined the sulphur mined from inland Sicily.

The centre covers an area of nearly 25,000 square meters and is now used as a multi-functional centre: it is divided into three zones serving three different functions:, fair, exhibition and conference centre.

It hosts as well, a permanent museum on the Allied Landing in Sicily in 1943 and various art exhibitions, trade fairs and conferences every year. It is used as a concert hall (especially in summer), theatre and cinema. International conferences and exhibitions also take place there (SMAU, Expobit) and it long hosted the TV sets of the Sicilian channel Antenna Sicilia.

 Its central location makes it easily accessible by all means of public transport: within walking distance from Catania railway and metro station, and the bus station serving the most important suburban lines.